We obviously love our Apple Watches ’round here, but for anyone looking for an alternative with longer battery life and a cheaper price tag, this Garmin Venu Sq smartwatch might be the way to go. It has all the health features you’d expect, including a heart rate sensor and fitness tracking, the battery can last up to 6 days on a single charge, and right now you can pick one up for just $98.
Purchases made on this page help support iDB. We may earn a small commission when you purchase through links on our site.
Everything you need to know:
- LCD screen size is 1.3 inches, and it’s bright and colorful
- You can track your heart rate, sleep, stress, hydration, respiration, Body Battery energy levels, and more
- Includes 20 preloaded sports apps and tons of workouts, as well as the popular Garmin Connect app (big with athletes and runners)
- Smart features: never miss a call, text or social media alert with smart notifications delivered right to your wrist
- Garmin says it’s compatible with iPhone, though you’ll want to double check the features you want will work
- Contactless payments with Garmin Pay (with supported payment network)
- Incident Detection – can detect incidents during select activities, and can send your live location to emergency contacts
- Battery lasts up to 6 days in smartwatch mode and 14+ hours in GPS mode
- Garmin smartwatches are actually pretty popular as fitness trackers — this one has a 4.5 star rating on 2800+ reviews
- This watch is on sale everywhere, but it’s $20 cheaper at Amazon right now
See at Amazon for $98