Following a lot of speculation, Apple on Tuesday announced an all-new Apple Pencil with an integrated USB-C port that can be used with certain iPad and iPad Pro models as an input and drawing device. Available starting early November, the Apple Pencil (USB-C) is also the most affordable Apple Pencil offering to date.
Since this is an entirely new device from Apple, we wanted to take a moment to highlight some of the Apple Pencil (USB-C)’s technical specifications so that you know what you’re getting.
Apple Pencil (USB-C) tech specs
- Length: 6.10 inches (155 mm)
- Diameter: 0.29 inch (7.5 mm)
- White with dark gray Pencil text
- Magnetically attaches to the side of certain iPad & iPad Pros
- Write, sketch, & draw with precision
- Low latency that feels as responsive as drawing on paper
- Tilt Apple Pencil for shading & other effects
- Supports Apple Pencil Hover on iPad Pro to preview marks before making them
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th generation)
- iPad Air (4th & 5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad (10th generation)
In the box
- Apple Pencil (USB-C)
- Extra tip
The Apple Pencil (USB-C) resembles the Apple Pencil 2 in many ways, albeit neutered down a bit in terms of features and options. Still, being less expensive than the original Apple Pencil, it’s a compelling option that competes even with third-party stylus options.
You can acquire an Apple Pencil (USB-C) from Apple’s website for $79.99 starting in early November of this year.
Are you impressed with the new Apple Pencil (USB-C) enough to consider getting one for yourself? Let us know why or why not in the comments section down below.