Anyone looking to enhance their music listening experience on the iPhone would do well to consider using a new jailbreak tweak called Gesture by iOS developer Ouzra .
Gestune allows users to perform specialized gestures whenever the Now Playing interface appears on the lock screen or in the Control Center to control their music playback instead of pressing the widget buttons.
Right out of the box, Gestune supports the following gestures:
- Swipe left to skip the current song
- Swipe right to go back to the previous song
- Press once to play or pause playback (disabled in Control Center and on iOS 16)
- Press twice to play or pause playback (iOS 16 only)
- Press and hold to launch the Now Playing app (disabled in Control Center)
Gestune is a free jailbreak tweak that can be downloaded from the Havoc repository via your favorite package management application, and it supports iOS 14, 15, and 16 versions via full-fledged jailbreaks such as Dopamine, palera1n and unc0ver, as well as « semi-jailbreaks » using the RootHide-based Procursus bootstrap.Node.
There is no option to configure, so what you see is what you get. Get familiar with the gestures described above and you’ll be able to use this jailbreak tweak like a pro.
Are you considering taking advantage of the features built into the Gestune jailbreak tweak? We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section below.